I’m a writer, storyteller, and content strategist. I am based in Washington, D.C. with my houseplant, Benji the Bonsai.
I am the founder & CEO of Sanspeur, a content strategy firm for mission-driven organizations. I am also a senior writer & columnist for Karma Impact. My full CV is available on my LinkedIn page. You should also follow me (@blondnerd) on Twitter.
I write a lot about impact investing — specifically, how to make it more progressive. I’m currently co-authoring a book (due out in September 2020) about community participation in philanthropic and private investment decisions.
I tell true stories on stage with great organizations like Story District, Mortified, Perfect Liars Club, and Little Salon. I have co-produced independent storytelling shows about Edgar Allen Poe and the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. I’m also a scriptwriter for The Sirens of Sin, the burlesque cabaret troupe I co-founded with fellow creatives from the world of District Karaoke.
I graduated with honors in literature and history from Mount Holyoke College, the first college for women in the United States. I spent two terms as an undergraduate reading 19th-century English literature at St. Anne’s College, Oxford. I received my MA in American government from Georgetown University.
When I’m not writing, I’m doing yoga, binging true crime podcasts and British period dramas, and keeping myself constantly caffeinated. And when we’re not in the midst of a global pandemic, I travel. I’ve been to more than 20 countries across five continents and will be increasing that number as soon as #quarantinelife is over!
- Equal Pay Day 2020 and Beyond [Impactivate]
- How can impact investing harness millennial interest? [Impactivate]
- 3 reasons impact investing needs investor networks [Impactivate]
- Narrative Food leans into storytelling to scale its sustainable meal kits [Karma Impact]
- Violet Grey’s curation model may be the future of conscious consumption [Karma Impact]
- Saatva is bringing eco-friendly luxury mattresses to the masses [Karma Impact]
- Putting the activist in impact investor [Impact Alpha]
- CAUSEBOX: An ethical model for subscription-box success [Karma Impact]
- How TUSHY’s bidets are cleaning up both backsides and the environment [Karma Impact]
- Karma’s guide to a food waste-free Thanksgiving [Karma Impact]
- Allbirds is quietly revolutionizing supply chain management [Karma Impact]
- Time to “prove it”: impact investors in Amsterdam challenged to speak with their portfolios [Karma Impact]
- Redefining risk: Overheard at EMPEA’s sustainable investing summit [ImpactAlpha]
- New US development finance agency expands toolkit for female fund managers [ImpactAlpha]
- Swell Investing, PacLife impact platform, closes after inability to ‘achieve scale’ [Karma Impact]
- Ethic lands high profile backing for sustainable investing tool [Karma Impact]
- Now that Swell is closing, which sustainable investing platform is right for you? [Medium]
- Vegan ETF unveiled amid plant boom — and it looks a lot like a tech fund [Karma Impact]
- Fish oil from canola seeds seen easing ocean harvest pressures [Karma Impact]
- Rocket recycling: Rocket Lab plans to cover, reuse first stage [Karma Impact]
- The G20 recognized impact investment. Here’s why that matters. [Medium]
- This is your future on impact [Pioneers Post]
- 3 ways to make sure you’re not retiring like a 90s film villain [Medium]
- More governments turn to alternative bonds for social good [Karma Impact]
- Most sexual assault prevention programs lack rigorous evaluation [UrbanWire]
- What the “skinny budget” does and does not tell us about pay for success [UrbanWire]
- Bringing evidence to life: TNYP on the Nurse Family Partnership [UrbanWire]
- Can Orange is the New Black pay for success? [UrbanWire]
- A greener commute: Q&A with Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) [Parade]
- Will we lose home health care? [Parade]
- Small business owners down on the economy, working longer hours [CNN]
- The estate tax: McCain vs. Obama [CNN]
- What the campaign against plastic straws tells us about investing in changing systems vs. habits [Medium]
- A new push for equal pay [Parade]
- Putting the term “rape” on trial [Time]
- #ResetYour: A List Can Change Your Life [The Reset]
- How “MMMBop” Changed My Life [Brit+Co]