I’m a writer, storyteller, content strategist, and the founder & CEO of Sanspeur, a marketing & communications consultancy for mission-driven organizations. My full CV is available on my LinkedIn page.
I write a lot about impact investing — specifically, how to make it more progressive, and the Today In Impact newsletter for Karma Impact. I’m currently co-writing a book about the power dynamics that determine what solutions to global problems get funded.
I have traveled to more than 20 countries across five continents and I’m determined to hit all seven within the next few years. I am based in Washington, D.C. with my houseplant, Benji the Bonsai.
I also perform! I tell true stories on stage through organizations like Story District, Mortified, Perfect Liars Club, and Little Salon. With other DC creatives, I have produced independent storytelling shows about Edgar Allen Poe and the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. I’m also a founding member and co-writer of the Sirens of Sin, a burlesque cabaret troupe that celebrates legends and fables.
I graduated with honors in literature and history from Mount Holyoke College, the first college for women in the United States. I spent two terms as an undergraduate reading 19th-century English literature at St. Anne’s College, Oxford. I received my MA in American government from Georgetown University.
When I’m not writing or traveling, I’m doing yoga, binging true crime podcasts and British period dramas, and keeping myself constantly caffeinated.
- Narrative Food leans into storytelling to scale its sustainable meal kits [Karma Impact]
- Violet Grey’s curation model may be the future of conscious consumption [Karma Impact]
- Saatva is bringing eco-friendly luxury mattresses to the masses [Karma Impact]
- Putting the activist in impact investor [Impact Alpha]
- CAUSEBOX: An ethical model for subscription-box success [Karma Impact]
- How TUSHY’s bidets are cleaning up both backsides and the environment [Karma Impact]
- Karma’s guide to a food waste-free Thanksgiving [Karma Impact]
- Allbirds is quietly revolutionizing supply chain management [Karma Impact]
- Time to “prove it”: impact investors in Amsterdam challenged to speak with their portfolios [Karma Impact]
- Redefining risk: Overheard at EMPEA’s sustainable investing summit [ImpactAlpha]
- New US development finance agency expands toolkit for female fund managers [ImpactAlpha]
- Swell Investing, PacLife impact platform, closes after inability to ‘achieve scale’ [Karma Impact]
- Ethic lands high profile backing for sustainable investing tool [Karma Impact]
- Now that Swell is closing, which sustainable investing platform is right for you? [Medium]
- Vegan ETF unveiled amid plant boom — and it looks a lot like a tech fund [Karma Impact]
- Fish oil from canola seeds seen easing ocean harvest pressures [Karma Impact]
- Rocket recycling: Rocket Lab plans to cover, reuse first stage [Karma Impact]
- The G20 recognized impact investment. Here’s why that matters. [Medium]
- This is your future on impact [Pioneers Post]
- 3 ways to make sure you’re not retiring like a 90s film villain [Medium]
- More governments turn to alternative bonds for social good [Karma Impact]
- Most sexual assault prevention programs lack rigorous evaluation [UrbanWire]
- What the “skinny budget” does and does not tell us about pay for success [UrbanWire]
- Bringing evidence to life: TNYP on the Nurse Family Partnership [UrbanWire]
- Can Orange is the New Black pay for success? [UrbanWire]
- A greener commute: Q&A with Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) [Parade]
- Will we lose home health care? [Parade]
- Small business owners down on the economy, working longer hours [CNN]
- The estate tax: McCain vs. Obama [CNN]
- What the campaign against plastic straws tells us about investing in changing systems vs. habits [Medium]
- A new push for equal pay [Parade]
- Putting the term “rape” on trial [Time]
- #ResetYour: A List Can Change Your Life [The Reset]
- How “MMMBop” Changed My Life [Brit+Co]